Friday, July 16, 2010

Jo Is On The Trail... Where Are You?

I am not a mean person... I have never wished deadly harm to any one or anything in my life... I have called some people names ... namely my brother Roger for the last 2 years but 99.99% of the time he is asking for it .. because he is what I say he is with me...

The last couple of weeks I have been actually doing spring cleaning in the house even though it is summer... it was not done.. and when something comes around after all my hard work and messes things up that is enough for me so tonight is the night... I am on the War Path....

Those who know me I have mentioned many times that I am here I have had unwanted visitors in the house.. the so call cute little kind... the ones that love cheese and peanut butter but they got smart and stopped coming to the traps so I went to something more serious the glue traps and let me tell you I have no sadness in my heart when I open a cupboard or a drawer and find one in the trap... in a bag and out in the garbage it goes... so don't bother with the ohhh poor little thing... I don't want to hear it... and yes I if I could find where they are coming in ... that would be the end of it.. but then I wouldn't be sitting here writing this tonight ...

So this week it was the kitchen I decided to clean the cupboards.. and since I am done with the large crowds at the house I actually decided to pack some of the much loved dishes from the cupboards into containers... leaving one set extra out instead of the 4 sets I have in the cupboards gathering dust and dirt and then I would have to clean them again next year or in 6 months when the mood hits me... but I went into the cupboard looking for flour one morning and discovered that the 4 legged monster had ate a hole through the bag... so out it went... the cupboard was a mess.. with all the flour and its waste... clean that up looked for the extra plastic containers.. and off I went ... then the next morning I went in and discovered that since the flour wasn't there for it to play with the night before it got into my cereal... so a slow burn started to show.. grrr my cereal the only one I have almost every morning... but no .. cleaned it up ... put a trap out and went on my way...

Yesterday morning I went in to get my cereal again that I actually was smart enough to put in a plastic container... and discovered that it was back that night and what a hell of a mess it made.... to a envelope of Side Kick... sooo I cleaned it up once again... moved everything into another cupboard thinking that it would be harder for it to get there... and went on my way until tonight... after dinner I put some broth from dinner on my glasses and I went to wash them... and went into the drawer to get a tea cloth.. my new ones that I really liked and discovered the little (not a nice name placed here) was in the drawer... actually I almost grabbed it... and no Yvette I didn't yell and jump on the chair because of it... a few more choice words came out of me and that was it .... it was either me or it.... I had picked the clothes to wash them and discovered it was tearing them apart to make a nest.... I don't think so

The last time I was out getting these traps I bought 4 boxes.. and each of them has 4 little traps in it and as of now there is 14 of them tucked around my kitchen... bedroom because Carl said it was near the garbage can last night... think it was the empty cheese stick bag I throw in yesterday from the dogs... and in the spare bedroom because it seems they love the bottom drawer of Great Nanny Melanson's Buffet... and all my table clothes which are at the moment in the washer... want to guess what is all over them...

I still like my Kraft dinner once in a while but this time I will not be eating it .. I went to each one of the traps and sprinkled a little cheese over each one... resist that one you little monster...

The next stop will be rat poison I am not playing around with these things any more... I don't mind animals in my house as long as they eat out of the appointed dishes... go out to do their business and stay out of my stuff....

I am sure Carl is going to have one heck of a good laugh when he comes in to see the red in my eyes and why it is there...

Off I go to finish up cleaning the cupboard once again and check the traps.. maybe I got lucky...

Happy trails guys... Joanne

No comments: